High-Flying Dreams
└ posted on Monday, 1 December 2008, by Novil
Bonus points for everyone who recognizes the formula on the chalkboard in the third panel. Extra bonus points for everyone who proves its correctness. 😉 Please see the third comment for more information…
- Woo: What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Sandra: It’s always been my dream to become a math professor.
- Woo: Math? Isn’t that pretty difficult? I’m always having trouble telling apart four from five. Let alone five from six!
- Sandra: If you have the knack, math isn’t that tough anymore! One day, the name North will be mentioned in the same breath as Newton, Gauss and Turing!
- Professor: I am delighted to award you as the first woman in history with the Fields Medal, Mrs. North.
- Sandra: During the test last week, I didn’t remember the quadratic formula…