High-Flying Dreams
└ posted on Monday, 1 December 2008, by Novil
Bonus points for everyone who recognizes the formula on the chalkboard in the third panel. Extra bonus points for everyone who proves its correctness. Please see the third comment for more information…
- Woo: What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Sandra: It’s always been my dream to become a math professor.
- Woo: Math? Isn’t that pretty difficult? I’m always having trouble telling apart four from five. Let alone five from six!
- Sandra: If you have the knack, math isn’t that tough anymore! One day, the name North will be mentioned in the same breath as Newton, Gauss and Turing!
- Professor: I am delighted to award you as the first woman in history with the Fields Medal, Mrs. North.
- Sandra: During the test last week, I didn’t remember the quadratic formula…