The current story arc started with this strip: Woo Jumps to a Conclusion.
You probably wouldn’t have guessed but this is actually a quite good representation of the behavior of real raccoons. Raccoons are generally not very territorial, but males are often living together in small, loose groups to stand their ground against invaders, such as our poor Woo, during the mating season. Sole male yearlings which are already sexually mature (rather uncommon) are therefore usually unsuccessful in their first mating period.
- Woo: …I’m shocked that I haven’t heard anything about you yet. One would think it’d be all over town when a lady with such delicate paws is visiting this part of the forest.
- Tibor: Get lost, sweet talker! You can snack on the nuts, swim in the lake, and sleep in the tree hollows, but stay away from the ladies!
- Woo: Oh yeah? Says who?!?
- Tibor: My buddies and I.
- References: Gus: “Pretty tail you’ve got there. It would be a pity if I had to tear it off.” (in Raccoonish) Silvery Forest, 19 February 2009
Rocco: “Shove off! Or I’ll eat your eyeballs for lunch!” (in Raccoonish) Silvery Forest, 19 February 2009
- Woo: I hate it when my opponent cites noted experts to back up his claims.