The current story arc started with this strip: Two Pieces of Cake.
Jele(na) is Larisa’s mother. Larisa prefers to call her by her given name rather than with “Mom.”.
I had to search some time before finally coming up with a satanic cult that actually believes in the devil and is not just an assembly of misguided atheists/agnostics. However, I found this on their website:
What is the BOS perspective on sacrifice of animals and children?
The BOS does not condone animal or human sacrifice, [...]
I also found no evidence that the members of the Brotherhood actually engage in orgies. Geez, what’s the point of becoming a satanist when you can’t even attend orgies?
- Sandra: I’m going over to Larisa’s for a few hours.
- Richard: With our tool box?
- Sandra: Yeah, she’s recently started sculpting and needs some more tools to complete her first work.
- Jelena: Where are you going this time, young lady?
- Larisa: That’s your choice, Jele: Either I’ll visit a black mass of the Brotherhood of Satan which are said to culminate in drug-fueled orgies of sex and violence…
- Larisa: … Or I’ll meet Sandra and Cloud to explore an abandoned factory.
- Jelena: The latter.
- Larisa: As you wish.
- Ye Thuza: How could you forget the rope?! I’m very disappointed in you! You mustn’t ever enter a dungeon without proper equipment!
- Cloud: Sorry, mom, won’t happen again…