The current story arc started with this comic: Irrhetorical Question.
The original ladder theory. (contains not safe for work language)
- Caption: The next day.
- Larisa: Thanks so much for your help. That was so nice of you!
- Landon: Good luck on your test!
- Benjamin: Hey, Theo, looks like somebody just climbed up Larisa’s “friends ladder” all the way to the top.
- Landon: “Friends ladder”, what?
- Benjamin: And the clueless chap’s not even aware of the ladder theory!
- Theo: Tragic.
- Benjamin: Then let’s enlighten the nerd, Theo. We boys have to stick together, after all.
- Theo: Flip chart, please.
- Theo: All boys rate girls according to their attractiveness and place them on a ladder.
- Caption: 10 – Girl you’d French kiss right in front of your mom
8 – Girl you’d French kiss
6 – Girl you’d kiss
4 – Girl you’d kiss on the cheek
2 – Girl you’d kiss on the cheek in exchange for a new Xbox game
The Abyss – Girl you’d only kiss if she’d chop off your feet with an axe otherwise
- Theo: Girls, however, have two ladders. One “real ladder” for boys they’d like to kiss, and one “friends ladder” for boys they’d like to be friends with ’cause they’re soooo nice.
- Caption: 10 – BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!
8 – Boy she’d talk with about other boys
6 – Boy she’d go shopping with
4 – Boy she’d do homework with
2 – Boy who’d better sit three benches away