The Maretrix
└ posted on Monday, 16 January 2012, by Novil
Credit for the initial idea to use a ponyfied version of Mr. Smith’s dialog during his final confrontation with Neo goes to an anonymous poster on an imageboard.
- Mr. Smith: Why, Ms. Sparkle? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep helping your friends? Do you believe you’re getting something in return? More than a thank-you? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it apple pie? Or a lovely dress? Could it be for good weather?
- Mr. Smith: Illusions, Ms. Sparkle, temporary constructs of a feeble pony intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without sadness or despair. You must be able to see it, Ms. Sparkle. You must know it by now. You can’t win. It’s pointless to keep helping your friends. Why, Ms. Sparkle, why? Why do you persist?
- Twilight Sparkle: …Because friendship is magic!
- Mr. Smith: ARGH!
- Yuna: Can I play with the ponies too?
- Ye Thuza: No. Maybe when you’re older.