Manifesto Of The Generation WWW
└ posted on Thursday, 20 December 2012, by Novil
- Richard: Oh no! “Harry’s Hardware Talk” has been taken offline!
- Sandra: Did you visit the site often?
- Richard: Not anymore. Harry stopped updating it in 2005, so the forums died a slow death as well. But back in the day, I even wrote a few articles for the site.
- Sandra: So it’s just nostalgia?
- Richard: Just nostalgia? Harry’s website is a significant part of the history of the internet!
- Richard: Back in the 90’s, the WWW was a blank canvas. It was enthusiasts like Harry who gave the painting color and form, and they received no stock options for it!
- Richard: We were part of something that would become the biggest invention in the history of mankind. It still feels like a miracle how fast everything happened.
- Richard: But without great websites like Harry’s, the WWW would never have caught on like that!
- Sandra: You’re probably right. Sorry for your loss…
- Richard: Plus, who could ever forget that glorious day in the summer of ’99 when Mary123 posted her naked pictures?