I want to clarify that I have never used a NoSQL database. But we were considering it for a short while at our company before coming to the conclusion that it’s the wrong choice for our application area.
I updated Sandra’s dialog in the first panel of Under A Killer Balloon: Episode 1, Page 8 since the original description of the puzzle was probably not precise enough. It’s been a long time since I had physics in school…
- Richard: Sandra, please come over here for a moment.
- Sandra: What’s up?
- Richard: I want to tell you something very important that you must never forget!
- Sandra: Yes?
- Richard: If data consistency is business critical, a NoSQL database will be the wrong choice!
- Sandra: I’ll never ever forget that, don’t worry.
- Richard: I wish my father had told me that, but I had to learn the hard way.