└ posted on Thursday, 13 June 2013, by Novil
- Ruth: I don’t even know who I am anymore…
- Sid: Ruth, this is the moment when you have to ask yourself: What would Ratatoskr(*) do?
- Caption: (*) = Ratatoskr is a squirrel in Norse mythology who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil to carry messages between the unnamed eagle, perched atop Yggdrasil, and the wyrm Nídhöggr, who dwells beneath the tree’s roots.
- Ruth: What would Ratatoskr do?
- Sid: Yes. Ratatoskr would never shoot a young lynx mother with his Derringer.
- Ruth: But rather?
- Sid: He’d only shoot the old and sick, of course!
- Ruth: But the meat of the young is much more tender!
- Sid: Having to eat chewy meat is still better than losing yourself, isn’t it?!
- Ruth: Yes,… sigh.