I checked various sources and it looks like William Wirt was an inactive member of the freemasons at the time of his nomination. He definitely held no grudge against them.
The actual Kickstarter project with -2 backers had nothing to do with smartwatches. It was titled “SelfMade Entrepreneurs, LLC * Lifestyle * Branding * Music”. Kickstarter fixed the bug/problem in the meantime, though, and the project page now simply says “0”.
- Sandra: And now, it’s time for some fun facts!
- Woo: Boy, Novil must be really running out of ideas.
- Sandra: Quiet! Or do you want to get written out of the comic?!
- Caption: Alfonso Cuarón, director of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, had his three lead actors write an essay about their characters. Emma Watson wrote a sixteen page treatise, Daniel Radcliffe wrote a one page summary, and Rupert Grint never turned his in.
- Rupert Grint: I thought I wrote it…!
- Caption: In 1828, the Anti-Masonic Party was founded in the United States. In 1832, Attorney General William Wirt was appointed their presidential candidate, a freemason.
- William Wirt: What sets us apart from other parties is our adherence to our core values!
- Caption: The worst Kickstarter project was so bad that it ended with -2 backers donating a whopping $-2.
- Caption: SMARTY – The world’s 1st free energy smartwatch – Pokémon MMORPG pre-installed! – Integrated barista-quality coffee brewer!
- Sandra: Your “prototype” is a piece of wood on a string…
- Larisa: Pff. We still have two whole months until our promised shipping date!