All my replies to people with a Comcast e-mail address bounced back.
To answer the two most common questions:
- Woo has already apologized to Shadow, but we couldn’t show that in the comic.
- The swamp monster has gone to star in a Hollywood movie so it won’t be available in the foreseeable future.
One of the best e-mails was the following poem by Robby, but there was no way to fit it into the strip above. I also received a good number of really clever or touching e-mails, and I would like to thank these people in particular for the time they spent on writing their messages.
You get blue like everyone
But me and Sandra North
Can make your troubles go away
Blow away, there they go…
Cheer up, Woo
Give me a smile
What happened to the smile I used to know
Don’t you know your grin has always
Been my sunshine;
Let that sunshine show…
Come on, Woo
No need to frown
Deep down you know tomorrow is your toy…
When the days get heavy
Never pitter patter
Up and at’em raccoon
Someday, sweet as a song
Woo’s lucky day will come along
Till that day
You’ve got to stay strong Woo
Up on top is right where you belong
Look up, Woo
You’ll see a star
Just follow it and keep your dreams in view
Pretty soon the sky is going to clear up
Cheer up Woo, do
Cheer up Woo
Just be glad you’re you.
- Sandra: More than 300 people wrote a mail to cheer you up, Woo! For example, Chris wrote: “This recent arc has shown us more of what makes you special, and that your heart was always in the right place.”
- Sandra: Jacob wrote: “If I had to choose, I’d choose you over Ranger Rick and Rocket Raccoon, because YOU, Woo, are the best raccoon EVER! Keep up the good work, man, and I wish you many more kits.”
- Sandra: … and Simone wrote: “You and Sandra bring joy to me and my dad with every update! If it weren’t for you two, my father and I would have a much worse father-daughter relationship. Also, you helped me out of my deep dark place back during the cereal killer arc.”
- Sandra: We’ll always love you, Woo, and I above everyone else!
- Woo: Th– thank you…