The Divine Comedy, Page 7
└ posted on Thursday, 4 August 2016, by Novil
- Larisa: So, are you gonna go mow down those naughty angels with a machine gun, or something like that?
- The Devil: No, I’m not allowed to directly interact with God’s subordinates, let alone harm them.
- Larisa: What can you do, then?
- The Devil: I can do everything within my powers to prevent them from executing their godly plan.
- The Devil: I may never violate “The Rules”, though. In that case, God would be allowed to pass judgement on Sandra immediately and make her drop dead on the spot.
- Book cover: The Rules
- The Devil: On the other hand, if Sandra survived the day, she’d become an “untouchable” protégé of my sister Fortuna.
- Larisa: What’s up with all these rules?! I thought you were the Devil! The Devil doesn’t play by any rules!
- The Devil: We all have to play by the rules they have imposed on us.
- Larisa: Who’s “they”?
- The Devil: Upper management.