View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 01:09

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New here :) 

Hi everyone. I've been a reader of Sandra & Woo for a bit, just now noticed the forum. I love the art style of the comic, and while a few of the earlier strips gave the impression of yet another wacky webcomic that doesn't stand out from the rest, I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. I am wondering what more stuff will be done along the lines of doing a more mature strip: That usually goes hand in hand with character development and good story writing... well, or immature potty humor and fan service, but I really do NOT see this comic going down that route.

23 Feb 2009, 22:16
Novice

Welcome to the forum! Please, stay a while!

Yeah, I can't really see Sandra and Woo getting too far into fanservice either. Raccoons aren't going to hold many people's attention for long.

24 Feb 2009, 03:41

Nah, which is why I got the impression it was going to wind up more along the kinds of stuff that make for good story, like dealing with the consequences of death, or the good and bad effects of love (which is why I'm hoping the current little arc continues... I'd love to see if his frustration gets him in trouble, or leads to some consolation from a friend, or anything like that)

24 Feb 2009, 05:54

A hale and hearty greeting to you, Urthdigger!

I would think that it's a bit too early to know exactly Sandra and Woo will end up. The archive is only thirty-six deep. Sure, thirty-six strips of this kind of quality is nothing to sneeze at, but still not enough that the comic's direction is paved and poured. In fact, from what I've seen, Oliver Knörzer may still be on the fence, what with his variety of strip types. We go from child-friendly one-shot joke strips to mature-issue storylines, peaceful and compassionate resolution to spiteful aggression with profanities, and also greed and violence alongside cheery holiday greetings.

Oh, but listen to me, rambling on about the comic when you were just saying hello. Well, hello, and well met. There's not many people here, and far fewer regulars, but who cares? Here's to your times in the Sandra and Woo forums.

25 Feb 2009, 03:37
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

urthdigger wrote:
[...] like dealing with the consequences of death, [...]

I have written concepts for several strips about that, but they were pretty bad and are therefore now collecting dust in my “Sandra and Woo Trash.odt” document.

urthdigger wrote:
[...] (which is why I'm hoping the current little arc continues...)

The current arc will not continue. I never wanted to extend the storyline about Woo’s first mating season over several weeks. Originally, however, there were five strips instead of only three. But only the first one, “Woo jumps to a conclusion”, was finally realized. One got replaced with the “Latest issue” strip, two were combined into the “Reliable sources” strip and one was trashed because its joke was too much out of character.

Gaia | Gaia auf Deutsch

"Don't be someone who they forget!"

25 Feb 2009, 22:43
Profile WWW
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Ninja Skunk wrote:
In fact, from what I've seen, Oliver Knörzer may still be on the fence, what with his variety of strip types.

The wide variety of strip types will stay the same for at least the first two years. (That is if Sandra and Woo will see its second birthday.)

Gaia | Gaia auf Deutsch

"Don't be someone who they forget!"

25 Feb 2009, 22:55
Profile WWW

That's interesting. I suppose I got a little excited and off-topic, don't mind my little musings and hopes about the strip. Either way, my hope to see Woo cheered up has been replaced with anticipation on how Sid will see the next sunrise. I think he's got a more immediate problem :D

26 Feb 2009, 00:22
Novice

Hallo. I too am enjoying the strip. Very professional-looking. Raccoons make wonderful comic strip subjects and fursuit characters too. I have seen them in the wild, from newborn through adult. They are quite prolific here.
Hopefully, the strip will continue for a very long time. :)

07 Mar 2009, 21:03
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]