"Too Much Information"

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
toynbeeconvector
Novice

"Too Much Information"

Post by toynbeeconvector »

Dear Novil,

I realise you do not take too kindly to critisism, but this has been bubbling up for a bit now, and I would just like to state my opinion here.

First, please realise that I am not trying to criticise the comic overall. I've really been taken by it's well-developed characters, sly wit and clever sense of humour, furthermore I am completely aware that 'Sandra and Woo' is PG-13, but I also know you are good enough to have no need to resort to the sort of balant sexual innuendo such as that in the two recent strips "Cuddling" and "To Much Information". Now this may not be the first time you've used such humour (the "Sl*t" arc for example), but those previous cases were different because of the clever way it was subtly employed.

I really am fond of 'sandra and Woo' and I just wanted to say what I thought. I sincerely apologise for any offense caused by this.

Best regards,

toynbeeconvector
Neveko
Secretary General

Re: "Too Much Information"

Post by Neveko »

Your criticism would be more helpful if it were more constructive than "Wasn't clever enough. I don't like it."
toynbeeconvector
Novice

Sorry, allow me to clarify.

I believe Novil is skilled enough at what he is to not have the need to rely on the balant sexual innuendo in the two strips mentioned. Although used before, in this case the sexual humour was taken too far.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Post by Novil »

Sandra and Woo is not for small children. Everybody else should not have a problem with the posted strips (which were, by the way, drawn by a Muslim woman) and I can’t have regards for the very small amount of people who have. When you have 25,000 readers it would otherwise be impossible to write even a single slightly controversial strip without offending anyone.
toynbeeconvector
Novice

I see what you mean.

Thank you very much for your time and sorry about the trouble.

EDIT; Sorry, just one more thing. Did you read my original post before replying? (My second post was very rushed so it isn't really too reliable on it's own)