The Letter Of Jael Bara 072
└ posted on Friday, 25 July 2014, by Novil
- King Olrik I: How can the Ileasaari still mourn their inept king? Tandras couldn’t even pay for Golnar’s grain deliveries at the end of his reign.
- General: He was an honest man, though.
- King Olrik I: Pah! Honesty is nothing but a hindrance when negotiating with Golnar’s sly merchants.
- King Olrik I: If Cania hadn’t conquered Ileasaar, Midgard would have! Does Salacea seriously believe Midgard would have spent even half the money we poured into Ileasaar’s rotting roads?
- General: Jael surely won’t repeat Tandras’ mistakes.
- King Olrik I: That’s what I fear.
- King Olrik I: If Ileasaar thrives under Jael’s rule, Cheysh-Askaroth will demand its independence as well. Soon, Cania will be nothing more than a small duchy around Aracona. Just as a hundred years past.