└ posted on Sunday, 21 July 2013, by Novil
499 Sandra and Woo strips have been published since 19 October 2008. Since the 500th strip is not yet finished, I compiled a list of my top 20 Sandra and Woo strips so far to shorten the waiting time. I excluded  The Return Of The Empress from the list because that one should be still very fresh in the memory of all readers. I will post my personal top 10 on Wednesday or Thursday.
This is the only Sandra and Woo strip which has been posted on a large number of other websites. I already thought that it will become more popular than a normal Sandra and Woo strip, but I didn’t expect such a spike of interest. The number of daily visitors on our website almost doubled on 19 November 2012 and again on 29 November 2012. I think our version of the famous “Swings” cartoon wouldn’t have worked half as well without the funny last panel.
↓ Read the rest of this entry…
└ posted on Sunday, 14 July 2013, by Novil
We’re just two strips away from the 500th Sandra and Woo strip. This is the right time for a poll about your favorite Sandra and Woo storyline so far. You can choose between the five winners of all previous polls and the recent story about Woo saving Lily during a thunderstorm since that one seemed to be quite popular as well.
–> You can find the poll in the voting widget in the right sidebar! –>
Here are links for all story arcs:
- Larisa is mistaken for a junkie by her principal: #60 – #68
- Sandra and her friends go on a treasure hunt in a factory: #117 – #135
- Larisa vs. her father’s artwork: #297 – #301
- Cloud writes a poem for Sandra: #333 – #337
- Cloud has a “problem” at the beach: #393 – #398
- Woo saves Lily during a thunderstorm: #471 – #482
└ posted on Saturday, 13 July 2013, by Novil
I could not embed the video because the preview image kinda ruined the joke. There is also an alternative, more subtle version. The video was created by Sqorck.
└ posted on Sunday, 30 June 2013, by Novil
As you can see, my parent’s neighbor has some truly impressive parking skillz. He parks like that all the time and apparently without any trouble according to my mother. As a rather mediocre driver this is almost incomprehensible to me.
Click on the thumbnails to see the a large version of each photo.
└ posted on Friday, 21 June 2013, by Novil
It’s time for our yearly Sandra and Woo and Gaia fanart contest! Click here to see the winners of the fanart contest 2011 and the fanart contest 2012. Unsurprisingly, you have to include at least one regular character of Sandra and Woo or Gaia in your drawing. Other types of artwork are permitted as well.
Unlike most other such contests, ours comes with some nice prize money for the five winners whom I will pick from all contestants. Since we received several great entries of equal quality in the last two years, I made sure that the difference in prize money between the 1st place and the other places isn’t too large.
- 1st place: $150
- 2nd place: $100
- 3rd place: $75
- 4th place: $50
- 5th place: $25
Please send your entry in an e-mail with the subject “Fanart Contest 2013” to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can attach the file to the e-mail or link to it in the e-mail text body. You must submit your entry before Monday, 22 July 2013. If you have a website, you should put a link to it into your e-mail.
Additional information about the contest:
- You can submit several drawings or other types of art, but you can’t win multiple prizes, only the prize for the best entry.
- You are allowed, even encouraged, to post your artwork on other websites.
- After showing all entries in a blog post, they will be put into the fanart section of our Artwork page.
- You can sign your work as you see fit, but a large, ugly watermark will reduce your chance of winning.
- If you drew the image digitally, you should send it in its original size in a lossless format, for example as a PNG file with full color depth. If you drew the image on paper and then scanned it, you should send me a cleaned and large version in a lossless format. However, don’t send me any files larger than 20 MByte.