Feisty Fennec

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
Rocket_T_Coyote
Novice

Feisty Fennec

Post by Rocket_T_Coyote »

A few months ago I attended an outdoorsman's expo. A zoo rescue group was offering the opportunity to have one's photo taken with a variety of exotic animals. The price seemed reasonable and helped the group to care for the zoo surplus animals. One such animal was a tiny Fennec Fox. He semed rather aggitated by all of the activity inside the building, such as The Ultimate Air Dogs competition. The Fennec was named Dusty and I wasn't certain I wanted to hold him as he might urinate.

As for the Air Dogs Competition. These are various breeds of dogs trained to leap for height and distance over a pool of water. I could almost picture Woo riding one of these dogs like The Lone Ranger on Silver.
Even we must often admit not being capable of stating our course or whereabouts.
Ninja Skunk

Re: Feisty Fennec

Post by Ninja Skunk »

You've seen a Fennec Fox in person? Awesome. I've always wanted to--ever since web-mastering class in high school, anyway--see a Fennec Fox, but there just aren't any I know of around here. They look cool and cute from all the pictures I've seen.

Yeah, I know, I was web-surfing when I should have been web-mastering, but web-mastering was actually my third technology credit (which I only needed one to graduate), so the teacher didn't care. I was always ahead of the class, anyway. Web-mastering was just fifty minutes to look at exotic pets and paranormal stories.

Oliver has a few links to good Fennec footage on the main page, though. Fennecs look like they only have two modes: asleep and agitated. I guess that's their charm, though. Fennecs can be fun to watch.
Rocket_T_Coyote
Novice

Re: Feisty Fennec

Post by Rocket_T_Coyote »

I wish that I had photographed the exotic animals of that exhibit. One could also hold a tiger cub or a red kangaroo joey and be photographed--for a nominal fee to benefit the zoo rescue group. There was also a bearcat--which smelled just like popcorn.

As an aside to the subject of the fennec. Check out this fursuit of an albino fennec as he dazzles the crowd with his glowstringing:Foxglove
Even we must often admit not being capable of stating our course or whereabouts.