Badly interpreted punchlines.

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
AflacMan13
Novice

Badly interpreted punchlines.

Post by AflacMan13 »

:evil: Page 0088 in the archives. Reread it. Then read the comments below it. You will find that NO ONE got the punchline. The punchline was not some "highbrow humor". It was a VERY LOW brow innuendo joke. Pay close attention to the panel where Cloud is Gloating after beating Sandra and you will notice he is not "victory dancing" but AIR HUMPING HIS CROTCH ABOUT TEN INCHES FROM SANDRA'S FACE!!! The punchline is that the adult then walks in at that exact moment and sees this and both Sandra and Cloud are completely clueless as to why the guy walks out all embarrassed. This is clear to me due to the vertically drawn half circle marks that were drawn around ONLY the LOWER portion of Cloud's body. And if you look reeeeeaaaallllyy carefully: you will see that those half circle "motion lines" do not stop outside the draw lines of his body but actually draw across his leg towards the back of his leg; thus he is doing the "CROTCH THRUST" DDDDUUUHHHH!!!!!!! Also if you look a little to the right of his knee in between his leg and SANDRA'S FACE; you see what is known as a "motion ghost" in Manga and Comics Drawing. This "motion ghost" is a clear outline of the knee cap of his forward most knee and the front of his body; AKA HIS FREAKING CROTCH. This is an Extremely American Joke and being as I am an American it seems I am the only one who got this. Also the word crotch is not a vulgar word; it is the official scientific term used by the textile industry to name the small piece of cloth that makes a particular piece of clothing a pair of pants instead of a dress or a kilt.:evil:

EDIT BY NOVIL:

AflacMan13 wrote a nearly identical post in the "Comments" thread that I have deleted:

AflacMan13 wrote: :evil: I was just reading through page 0088 August 2008 (this page has been rewritten) It is the one where Sandra and Cloud are playing a video game and Cloud owns Sandra and then some guy walks in and starts talking but gets this really shocked look on his face. Then he says some stuff that made every single comment poster say that the adult guy was a judgemental fool. Some people even said they did not get the joke. But you see; I realized that to get the joke you have to be AMERICAN. The people who commented were completely missing the punchline. Go back in the archives and take a good long look at the panel where cloud is standing and saying LOL LOL etc. and Sandra is wondering "if an armless Cloud would be the same." The punchline was not that the adult heard the deep phylosophical discussion; because he came in way too late for that. It was also not the violent video game. It was also not the fact that Cloud was "Victory Dancing" about "blowing off his friend's game character's head". It was the fact that Cloud was in fact NOT "victory DANCING" but was doing the DMX/Peter Griffin from Family Guy HIP THRUST or better known as THE AIR HUMP with his CROTCH about 10 inches away from SANDRA'S FACE!!!
I was the only person in the entire freaking world who seems to have noticed the TWO GIGANTIC HALF CIRCLE LINES AROUND CLOUD'S LOWER BODY. I also seem to be the only one who noticed these lines were vertical and not horizontal which is a clear indication that he was doing the AIR HUMP AND NOT THE FUNKY CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Re: Badly interpreted punchlines.

Post by Novil »

Comics can often interpreted in several ways, but this interpretation does not match our initial intention.
Neveko
Secretary General

Post by Neveko »

That actually wasn't the joke nor the intention. Anyone with half a brain could see that. The fact that you're seeing children doing vulgar things speaks a lot more volumes than any other post you can make.
Novil

Post by Novil »

Neveko wrote:That actually wasn't the joke nor the intention. Anyone with half a brain could see that. The fact that you're seeing children doing vulgar things speaks a lot more volumes than any other post you can make.
No need for personal attacks.
AflacMan13
Novice

Post by AflacMan13 »

@noveko:
These "children" are at least 14-16 years old. In the school I grew up in this sort of "victory dance" was quite common. In fact I am pretty sure my generation came up with it. I remember going to pep rallies and games where the cheer leaders would gyrate in such provocative manners. so :P
Novil

Post by Novil »

AflacMan13 wrote:@noveko:
These "children" are at least 14-16 years old.
Sandra and her friends are 11 with Larisa almost being 12. They certainly don’t look older than that.
AflacMan13
Novice

Post by AflacMan13 »

Hey you guys can delete this one now. I am done discussing it.