Sandra and Woo in Spanish

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
SandraMJ

Sandra and Woo in Spanish

Post by SandraMJ »

I'm posting this because I'm interested in knowing who's being the editor of Sandra and Woo for the Spanish version. The grammar is off sometimes, and some of the expressions sound a bit stupid and childish. An easy example can be, when Sandra's asking "¿La cuál?" in strip 0006. "La cual" is a wrong phrase construction, and considered a vulgarism. "Cuál" would be the correct one. That was a quick example, there are more, but maybe I'm a bit wrong: the Spanish used is Latin American Spanish, so maybe some phrases vary from Spain Spanish. Anyways, if you want me to double-check the strips in case there are mistakes any time, just tell me :)
This sig is unavailable. Please, wait till Sandra comes up with some black-humored one-liner Caruso's style.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Re: Sandra and Woo in Spanish

Post by Novil »

Thanks for the information. That’s unfortunate. I took the Spanish version offline until it can be ensured that the translator comes up with a translation that’s faithful to the original.

That’s why I’m always skeptical about fan translations.