Jesus of Nazareth. Just had to ask something:

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
oaktree
Novice

Jesus of Nazareth. Just had to ask something:

Post by oaktree »

Hello!!! Sandra and Woo community.
Well I'm new here and have been enjoying Sandra and Woo and Gaia.

Well, I discovered Sandra and Woo and have been reading through the archive, and got to this:
http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2009/11/30/ ... -nazareth/

Which apparently was very controversial in the comments, though I really didn't read through the entirety of list of comments.

Feel free to ignore my post, but I just had to respond to it, or it would not put my mind to peace. I'm not biblical scholar, but indeed am a follower of Christ.

I'm just going to ask a question:
Yes, Jesus was a very swell guy, He was kinder, nicer, more merciful, and more influential than any other man that existed. But my question is, if you think he was a good guy/teacher/humanitarian/etc What do you make of His statements and beliefs when He said “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6)?
Or if you would like more detailed claim made by Jesus about His identity: John 10:22-33

I know that wasn't really a question to be answered, but question to just think about.

What I am trying to say/ask is that how can you say that Jesus was a swell guy who tried to not offend other religion, and lived his life with the goal of being kind to the poor, and curing the sick, if He claimed to be Son of the God and even God Himself? One of the major thing that He did on earth was shake the very corrupted-religion that He was born into (Judaism of that time).

How can you say that you believe He existed and was a very swell guy and entirely ignore/deny His most significant claim that He was the Son of God, and God Himself?
That He left the perfect Heaven to come down to earth filled with murderers, liars, backstabbers, rapists, that He loved, and died on the cross as the innocent sacrificial lamb to PAY for the consequences of our sin(the eternal separation from the perfect, loving, good, AND JUST God).
So that we as individuals might given the choice to have everlasting relationship with Him, who so loved us.

I am not defending myself nor other "Christians" and actual Christians. I am just making clear who Jesus was and who He claimed to be.
I believe it does Him great injustice to ignore what He claimed to be and say "he was a swell guy". If one, at the least, reads through the Gospels, it can clearly be seen that He never claimed to be a "nice guy" and His goal and claim on the earth was so much greater than that.

Thanks for reading through my rant, for those of you who got to this point ^.^

Now that it is no longer just to call him "only a very swell guy", would you call him a lunatic who rebelled against the Judaism of that day and healed few people only to support His claim;
Or that He is what He claimed Himself to be?

<3 and thanks for your awesome comics!!

PS. I like Cloud. I'm also a fan of FF7&8 :)
Neveko
Secretary General

Re: Jesus of Nazareth. Just had to ask something:

Post by Neveko »

A common mistake many people often make is generalizing the words of a character to being that of the author.

Also, even if Novil or anyone else "isn't sure" about believing in God, Jesus, or even religion in general, that isn't really up to you to rectify. Just because someone doesn't have your beliefs doesn't make them wrong or unhappy.

Finally, this is a *comic* meant to be *humorous* and *entertaining*. No one honestly wants to have a deep religious/political/ANYTHING conversation within the comic. Take it at face value and move along.