Translating Sandra and Woo

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
kejokiller
Novice

Translating Sandra and Woo

Post by kejokiller »

Novil, supreme ruler of us all ;D I would like very much to translate Sandra and Woo for Brazilian Portuguese. Can you find it in your hearts a space for me to introduce such love, friendship (and the art of not eating squirrels) to my country?
I will assume the cost of hosting the page, that in Portuguese would be called "Sandra e Woo" (e=and in Portuguese). I just need your permission to start on such pleasure quest. I hope we can get to an agreement and that more kids, and most important, more adults, could warm their hearts with Sandra, Woo and all the other lovely characters of this webpage.

Best regards,
Mário Bernardo
Wanna change my name to "Woo" now T-T
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Re: Translating Sandra and Woo

Post by Novil »

It’s great to hear that you like our comic so much that you even want to spend time to translate it. But I have to decline your offer. See the following excerpt from our FAQ ( http://www.sandraandwoo.com/about/#faq ):

“Can I translate Sandra and Woo into another language?

No, you aren’t allowed to change the English or German text of the strips! We had a bad experience with a fan-made Spanish translation since its quality didn’t meet our standard. There’s also the chance that a translator misses some subtleties of the dialog which will become important sometime later in the story. It’s also the rule rather than the exception that webcomic translators lose interest after a while, leaving behind just a few dozen translated comics. If you want to post a Sandra and Woo strip on a website (see above), you should provide the translation beneath the strip.”
kejokiller
Novice

Post by kejokiller »

Oh benevolent leader, I've had read it before. :C Give us a chance or a challenge to prove it can be made. What if I raise enough people interested in reading the translated version of the comics? I have photoshop skills and even start messing around Manga studio after reading the faq. After Calvin and Hobbles disappearance of our best newspapers we're in need indeed of something worthy publishing, maybe this could be a chance for you to enter in the Brazilian market and make even more profit with Sandra and Woo. Let us make a skype conference or something so I can prove myself trustworthy.

Best regards, stay cool ^^y
kejokiller
Novice

Post by kejokiller »

That skype conference would be very important to me, if you find it in your heart I deserve a chance to talk with you guys at least once send me a PM with an skype account or feel free to add me "mariomesmo".

I'm no kiddo, I've got already 25 years of trunk on my back, work with webdesign for some time, avid gamer, comics lover from web to printed versions and if you give this conference a chance I can go on and on.

I have advanced english knowledge, all the words I don't get I use a 100% english dictionary to pick it up, and if you want I offering myself to translate all the strips even before starting a webpage. You will be able to see it ALL before making a decision. Just need a chance here.

Hope I can proof myself worthy and could get this lovely chance.

Stay cool ^^y