Sandra and Woo tone shift

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
requiemdissident
Novice

Sandra and Woo tone shift

Post by requiemdissident »

I just had a nagging thing in my head and I'm wondering if the whole Sandra and Woo comic were to be Nolanized, how would it look like? What would be the changes?

For those who don't know, Nolanizing (named after the directer Christopher Nolan) is a term where you strip all unrealistic things in a body of fiction (usually a movie) and ground it in reality. The term came about after director Christopher Nolan rebooted the Batman series in a new way.

So thoughts anyone?
Neveko
Secretary General

Re: Sandra and Woo tone shift

Post by Neveko »

Haha. Well, we would have a crazy Sandra on our hands for sure, for thinking her raccoon is capable of speech.
requiemdissident
Novice

Post by requiemdissident »

Neveko wrote:Haha. Well, we would have a crazy Sandra on our hands for sure, for thinking her raccoon is capable of speech.
Yeah, true. If Christopher Nolan were directing it, Sandra would have some form of mental illness. It seemed to be prevalent in all of his protagonists
Twaintoss
Novice

Post by Twaintoss »

I second, Sandra would be a pretty messed up character in the first place... 0_o

Larisa would not be introduced, cause she clearly wouldn't be allowed to enter social life. at all.
Also Ye Thuza will probably not be as cool as she appears to be.
I don't believe she would even be likeable in any way, considering
"EX-cold-blooded killer/assassin and member of a rebellion army" would certainly be IN CHARACTER...
Cloud could as well be unlikeable being raised by said killer.
The story may start as well with Richard not legally being able to get Woo (how could he as a normal worker without experience get an allowance), or even Richard getting arrested for putting the idiot (Mr. Farley) in the cage...

So we get a girl - a crazy girl for believing a raccoon talks - without proper family (Richard in jail or mostly at work, depends; Mother dead)
and no friends (because A. again, Sandra herself is probably crazy and B. assuming her "normal" friends don't exist) trying to somehow manage life.
Yeah, nice ingredients for a nasty story. Totally enjoyable.
Andere: "Versuch doch einfach mal, NICHT so sarkastisch zu sein!!!"
Ich: "VERSUCH ICH JA ! Ihr gebt mir nur keinen guten Grund, dabei nicht zu scheitern!"
sofiajoe
Novice

Post by sofiajoe »

hey everyone
yeah its true well
Is there any way/possibility of getting a digital copy of the Book of Woo to try to decrypt it?
0zi