The Location Where Sandra and Woo is set

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
Benhhhh
Novice

The Location Where Sandra and Woo is set

Post by Benhhhh »

This question has probably been asked and maybe answered before but I'm new to the forum so I'm gonna ask anyway. Where do Sandra and Woo live?, or where would they live based on the information we've been given in the comic.

I recently skimmed the comic archive (for the thousandth time, Larisa is Love, Larisa is Life), and I cam across the "Cloud Under Pressure" strip where Sandra mentions that She heard the 2 of them could get married at the age of 16 because of the laws in their state.

Through a quick search; Delware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, and Oklahoma are the states where you can get married at 16, however in all of the states, 16 years olds can get married without parental consent so long as the 16 year old girl is pregnant or already has a baby but based on the type of kids Cloud and Sandra are, I doubt that would happen. The only states where 16 year olds can get married with parental consent out of those 6 are Maryland, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Florida.

Can someone else become a detective to work out which of the four it could be. Based on some other strips I've started to think it could Florida.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Re: The Location Where Sandra and Woo is set

Post by Novil »

16 is the age of marriage in most of the USA with parental consent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_ma ... ted_States
Benhhhh
Novice

Post by Benhhhh »

Hey, Wow, Would you tell me they would possibly live, or is that something you can't say at this point or at all. Its fine if you can't but it would be great to know.
Neveko
Secretary General

Post by Neveko »

It's a comic with a talking raccoon. To be honest, I don't think giving it an actual geographical location is going to make it more believable. XD That said, I always imagined it were somewhere nearer to a body of water or something with all the trees and rolling hills. Wisconsin or Vermont come to mind, I guess. Mind, this is me shooting off my opinions. >.>
Nannobot
Novice

Post by Nannobot »

Oh mighty ruler and dictator for life, I have but 1 question. Did you pick a specific state for setting the comic (when you first started) or set it in generic USA?

Not asking if it is "currently" given a state or not, just when you started. This way weather you answer yes or no, will neither confirm nor deny if sandra and woo is set in a state or generic USA as it has not been specified to this point.

Or you can completely ignore this message too, it's your comic and you have the devine powers to confirm and/or deny whatever you so choose. Hail.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Post by Novil »

It’s always been a state in the North-East of the U.S. Some states no longer seem to be possible with respect to the info given in some strips, but I don’t think it’s important which state exactly it is since there’s probably none has a town with all the properties presented in the strips so far.
Benhhhh
Novice

Post by Benhhhh »

After doing some research and using my memory of the strips thus far, I decided and in my mind, the cast live in Baltimore, Maryland. Hope most agree with me on my theory.