Phishing attempts by ads on mobile browsers

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
MaxArt
Novice

Phishing attempts by ads on mobile browsers

Post by MaxArt »

I'd like to visit Sandra And Woo and Gaia from my mobile devices (currently using a Galaxy Note 3 and a Galaxy Note Pro tablet), but sadly there are (probably) ads that try to scam the visitors into phishing attempts ("your device has been infected by # viruses", "Facebook has selected you", "you're a winner!" and so on). Big frightening or exciting alert in the middle and a fake Facebook/Google/Twitter/whatever page in the background. It's even carefully translated in your language. Can't go back since the SOB script replaced all the browser history... of course.

This must come to an end. Enough said.
Also because it could be a matter of time before Google blocks this site.

The result is that I visit sandraandwoo.com with a PC... with AdBlock on.
Nah, actually it's disabled for this domain. Desktop browsers seem to be unaffected, but I will turn it on at the first sight of ad obtrusiveness.

I attached a screenshot.

(By the way, this site really needs to be mobile-friendly. I can give a hand.)
Attachments
sandraandwoo-phishing.png
ipkh
Novice

Re: Phishing attempts by ads on mobile browsers

Post by ipkh »

I get these all the time. One solution would be to use Google ads. I use Google contributor, so I donate money rather than see ads. Just doing this for android would be good.
I like the patreon model but don't have the money to spend on all the comics/shows I like.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Re: Phishing attempts by ads on mobile browsers

Post by Novil »

Android users are currently no longer served ads at all.