Could he do that in Germany?

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
NotDebonair
Novice

Could he do that in Germany?

Post by NotDebonair »

"Zero Tolerance" is an interesting story arc, but at my age not particularly original. IIRC, in the 1980s there was an incident in which a diplomat's wife arriving in Italy was arrested on drug charges and died the next day in gaol from lack of her medication. I have no doubt that it happens several times a year worldwide to less notable persons, especially when people arrested smuggling illegal drugs are carrying their necessary personal prescriptions in addition to the other.

My question here to the creators is, could the principal in a German school actually ingest nicotine via cigarette while at work, particularly in during a disciplinary meeting with a student? I know the answer in the United States would be 'no', with the smoker be fired outright in most places and even in South Carolina would be still be admonished by his/her superior, but in Japan teachers and administrators seem to feel free to light up in their offices regardless.
Llewellian
Novice

Re: Could he do that in Germany?

Post by Llewellian »

Hi,

no he could not. Before the "hard" anti-smoking laws it was already forbidden to smoke on school grounds. Teachers had (like over-18 pupils) special smoking rooms. Unlikely, that a teacher would take a student to the teachers smoking room.

But if class is outside school grounds (like particular sport classes), then it was normal that over-16 students and teachers smoked together. I remember that from my sailing classes back on the german school (Realschule).

About medicaments using: That was always allowed, you never needed a special permit to administer yourself Insuline or else inmidst of class. Nobody cares, nobody forbids.