[0076]/[0077] That Forrest owner...

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
Llewellian
Novice

[0076]/[0077] That Forrest owner...

Post by Llewellian »

:mrgreen:

Looks to me like the character is a mix of Madame Medusa (The Rescuers aka Bernhard & Bianca) and Cruella de Ville (101 Dalmatians).

Love her already.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Re: [0076]/[0077] That Forrest owner...

Post by Rabid_Fox »

And I saw the President of the House Owner's association in the 'Over the Hedge' film and also my old maths teacher Miss Lewsley (who was lovely, but had black hair and an austere dressing style).

Someone else thinks Sarah Palin, but I don't see that.

I bet she's nice if she's had a few glasses of wine and some lines of cocaine, though. She'd totally loosen up and dance to novelty one-hit wonders, such as "Birdhouse in your soul" and "Blue" and even, maybe, "99 Red Balloons".

Yeah, I'd party with that chick, psychotic attitude to the natural environment aside.
Oh my.
Neveko
Secretary General

Post by Neveko »

"Birdhouse in Your Soul" is neither a dancing song (not compared to the other songs you listed) nor a "one-hit wonder."
Anyway, I think the Cruella DeVille and Madame Medusa comparisons are spot-on. 8-)
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Post by Novil »

Nena who sang “99 red balloons” has an ongoing, very successful career in Germany with several #1 and #2 album and single hits. Therefore she can’t be called a one-hit wonder since the German music market is huge.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

Apparently I need better examples of one hit wonders. This is distressing but regardless, I defend:

I'm Irish and in Ireland, '99 Red Balloons' was the only song Nena was ever known for and as for They Might Be Giants, though I have over five hundred of their songs on my iTunes, 'Birdhouse' is the only song they've charted significantly and been recognised for in my native land ('Boss of Me' being the other, but it's known more as 'The Malcolm in the Middle theme song by some guys' than as a Giants song).

And dancing to 'Birdhouse' is wonderful.

The Irish market is not huge, but it's all I've got.
Oh my.
Neveko
Secretary General

Post by Neveko »

You've never heard of "Why Does the Sun Shine?" or "Istanbul (not Constantinople)"? CRAZY.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

You've never heard of "Why Does the Sun Shine?" or "Istanbul (not Constantinople)"? CRAZY.
as for They Might Be Giants, though I have over five hundred of their songs on my iTunes, 'Birdhouse' is the only song they've charted significantly and been recognised for in my native land

They weren't hits. 'Birdhouse' and 'Flood' got to #1 and then TMBG faded into commercial obscurity in the UK. Forever. I remember having to wait the six - eight weeks to get albums and, when in Canada, buying two copies of a bunch of TMBG CDs to bring home to a friend.
Oh my.
Kenoscope
Novice

Post by Kenoscope »

Oh dear sweet.....

Showing my age, these were one-hit-wonders I listened to over the radio before I was ten.

Sh-Boom
Earth Angel
Marianne
Happy, Happy Birthday
Summertime, Summertime
Baubles, Bangles and Beads
Rockin' Robin
He's Got The Whole World in His Hands
Purple People Eater
Volare (Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu)
To Know Him is to Love Him
Dinner With Drac
The Battle Of Kookamonga
Andor
Novice

Post by Andor »

You know in the forrest owners defense an unprovoked bite on a human by a fox would almost have to be by a rabid animal. The kid certainly had to get a rabies series and depending on her insurance the mom may have had to pay quite a lot of money in order to get them, rabies vaccine being in shortage right now. Just playing devils advocate. :D

Oh, and Hi All! ;)

You know on a much less excusable note there is a local (Florida, USA) wildlife rehabilitator who had a fox that was as tame and sweet as any dog whom I saw (and petted) at several reptile shows. The last time I saw him I asked after the fox and he told me that it had scratched a childs arm with a paw while playing with him, not even breaking the skin. The kids father however was apparently a vindictive lawyer and insisted the fox be destroyed and tested for rabies and the rehabilitator was forced to comply. For those not familiar with rabies it is not possible to transmit it through unbroken skin, nor by a claw scratch and in any event the fox had been in human care for much longer than the lethal period for rabies so it couldn't possibly have been sick anyway. :cry: