My impression (ongoing)

Discussions about everything related to Gaia, including questions about the website or forum.
LuLu
Novice

My impression (ongoing)

Post by LuLu »

Hi...i just thought id mention my thoughts of the series so far. I was 20-30 pages in.

The art is solid and well drawn and well colored. It is unfortunate though for this series to use the most cliche name for a setting to be "Gaia" as it is one of the most overused names fiction has for both as a setting and as a character.

some of the characters were a lil forced and some situations felt unnecesary or irrelevant for the main story. The story begins with main character knocking on love interest's door. The character in purple thinks she's saying clever things but her sentences are too long just for the sake of revealing things more direct. Comedy was also a bit forced such as kissing hand situation.

Overall im not sensing a goal in the chapter. Yes there is the exam but it didnt seem like its the focus of the chapter. More like it just happenedd to come next. The story does not bother to give more insight in the character or in the setting. What is the world of Gaia? Its as i we're on a right that started midway. This story is obviously fantasy but for 30 pages in, it makes no effort to expand the world ina distinct way. Things are being thrown in front of me, i cant tell apart from the key features of this story from the quirky jokes and not so relevant stuff.

What makes this "gaia" different from the other series? I didnt seem to see what makes this piece unique. But thats just what i got from 30 pages. So we'll see the rest.

i usually look for alot of things in a series...so it maybe hard for fans or even the author to agree with me. Ill post another impression from the next 30 pages.
ffrankpal
Novice

Re: My impression (ongoing)

Post by ffrankpal »

Second, I know that my nitpicking has earned me little sympathy in another forum, but I hope people here don't mind that much.
Phoenix