Keep up the good work!

Discussions about everything related to Gaia, including questions about the website or forum.
mephil
Novice

Keep up the good work!

Post by mephil »

So far, I believe this is one of the best drawn and well written comics on the web. I'm reading over 70 "web"-comics from time to time and and I have to say that Gaia is something that finally strikes me as new and refreshing. Its a colorful comic, not just visually but just as much in the way the personalities of the characters are portrayed. I particularly like the relationship between Ilias and Sandril, while they are Rivals - Sandril is not simply an evil character who which we cannot sympathize for. He is a dynamic character with his own motives. I like the fact that "good and evil" isn't always so black and white. Or blue and red in this case...

I would lie if I didn't mention the fact that it feels like the author has been playing a lot of final fantasy from which the author may have taken some inspiration from time to time. But this is not a bad thing.

I also like the fact that the English translation from the German one is almost seamless. Not much is lost in translation, and I can admire that. As well as a solid lore and glossary page to read from if you want to go deeper into the world of Gaia. Since it is obvious to me that this world likely has a lot more background and life than this comic will ever touch upon...

That being said, please keep up the good work.
// Swedish Fan