Perhaps it could be improved and attract more readers as a result.
The banner and description currently looks like this:
Gaia is a fantasy comic about the nature of reality, and the answer to Lilith’s simple, meek, world-shattering question: “Will you come along?”
Here were some of my initial thoughts:
- Image on the left looks good, art style seems interesting.
- The text on the right, however, didn't contribute much since it is unlikely that anyone will get a glass of anything. It only increases the curiosity factor by a small amount.
- Maybe the banner could have been formatted better. (Looks like an image was pasted on a blue background and text added)
- As for the description at the bottom, the answer to "Will you come along?" didn't sound overly interesting at the time.
- Replace the "get a glass of rainbow juice" text with another picture to showcase the art style and maybe another character/setting/concept.
- Replace the "answer to Lilith's ... question" with something else from the story, maybe list a number of different things.
Of course, this was just how I perceived the banner. Anyone else want to share their thoughts about it?
Also, I really like Gaia. The art style and story is great and it rocketed up to near the top of my webcomic hierarchy shortly after I started reading. I just think its TWC banner does not do it justice.