Could Gaia's TWC banner be improved?

Discussions about everything related to Gaia, including questions about the website or forum.
Louch
Novice

Could Gaia's TWC banner be improved?

Post by Louch »

I discovered Gaia from looking at TWC's homepage, and I found out about TWC when voting for another webcomic that I read. Since Gaia is on the front page, I first saw its banner a quite a while ago (last year?) but didn't click on it until recently because it didn't seem appealing enough.
Perhaps it could be improved and attract more readers as a result.

The banner and description currently looks like this:

Gaia is a fantasy comic about the nature of reality, and the answer to Lilith’s simple, meek, world-shattering question: “Will you come along?”

Here were some of my initial thoughts:
  • Image on the left looks good, art style seems interesting.
  • The text on the right, however, didn't contribute much since it is unlikely that anyone will get a glass of anything. It only increases the curiosity factor by a small amount.
  • Maybe the banner could have been formatted better. (Looks like an image was pasted on a blue background and text added)
  • As for the description at the bottom, the answer to "Will you come along?" didn't sound overly interesting at the time.
The banner could possibly be improved in a number of ways:
  • Replace the "get a glass of rainbow juice" text with another picture to showcase the art style and maybe another character/setting/concept.
  • Replace the "answer to Lilith's ... question" with something else from the story, maybe list a number of different things.

Of course, this was just how I perceived the banner. Anyone else want to share their thoughts about it?

Also, I really like Gaia. The art style and story is great and it rocketed up to near the top of my webcomic hierarchy shortly after I started reading. I just think its TWC banner does not do it justice.
Louch
Novice

Re: Could Gaia's TWC banner be improved?

Post by Louch »

Wow, these forums are quite inactive compared to the comment sections for the webcomic pages.
Anyway, I personally think that the image for switching between webcomics on this site looks better than the TWC banner so maybe a variation of it could be used.

Any opinions?
James Long
Novice

Re: Could Gaia's TWC banner be improved?

Post by James Long »

I agree with having another price of art on the banner. Something glike the tower in the sky perhaps. However that question of Lillith's needs to stay I feel. The comic basicly revolves around that question.