So, there's a store now

Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
DanTheMan

So, there's a store now

Post by DanTheMan »

Since comments seem to be disabled, I thought I'd make a thread here. Newspost on the site and the link to the store itself. Thoughts?

Personally I like the idea, but these particular illustrations don't really do much for me. Not a big fan of the "eating other animals" theme, which is the core focus of 3 of the 4 drawings. =/
powree
Secretary General

Re: So, there's a store now

Post by powree »

Feel free to give suggestions, lol...
urthdigger

Post by urthdigger »

Well, I agree. There is something about a talking creature eating another talking creature that's a little disturbing (And indeed, it was that feeling that made me make an earlier thread about how the strip can be viewed in a darker light). That said, I really like the "Suspect" picture since it seems to be poking fun at it. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it :lol:
DanTheMan

Post by DanTheMan »

The recent "Envy" addition is something I would definitely buy. I'm rather tempted to do so right now, I'll admit, heh.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

I've got my fingers crossed that Zazzle get my stuff to my house before I move out.
Oh my.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

Hurrah. It's lovely.
Oh my.
powree
Secretary General

Post by powree »

Awesome!! 8-)
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Post by Novil »

That’s a strange, but good, feeling to see someone wearing a t-shirt with your character printed on it.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

Tomorrow I shall debut it in public. Reactions shall be posted.
Oh my.
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

Reactions were overwhelmingly positive, especially from the kids (school trip, y'see). And it really is a comfortable t-shirt.
Oh my.
powree
Secretary General

Post by powree »

Damn. Wish we got things that size here. (The balloon gym)
Rabid_Fox
Secretary

Post by Rabid_Fox »

It was one of those days that lasted far longer than it should have and ended up with my being drunk when I shouldn't have been.

In other words - a good day!
Oh my.
DanTheMan

Post by DanTheMan »

Rabid_Fox wrote:and ended up with my being drunk when I shouldn't have been.
Isn't that "every day" for you? >_>
Ninja Skunk

Suggestions, you ask?

Post by Ninja Skunk »

I feel that the biggest and most obvious suggestion is to put something out that you would buy yourself. Before, you go all "Duh" on me, think about a certain other strip...

Calvin & Hobbes, of course. It never had any merchandise itself, but I know that both of you, Novil and Powree, would have loved to have some posters and figurines from Calvin & Hobbes. Well, what would be on the stuff you want? Would it be a shirt depicting Calvin getting into all sorts of mischief? A small statue of Calvin and Hobbes balancing on a log as they romp through the woods? Or would it be a poster of one of the strip's cheerful, reaffirming moments by the fireplace?

Now put that on Sandra and Woo.

Basically, I think it comes down to what you really want to be the image you promote for the entire strip. What you sell is going to have a serious impact on that, you understand. As DantheMan pointed out, half of your store right now focuses on animals eating other animals. Considering that's the opposite of one-third of your tagline, it may not be the appearance you really want to go for. Mix it up and try to find something that you think really makes Sandra and Woo what you want it to be.

Of course, if animals eating each other is what you want to go for, then there's no problem.

Oh, and my personal preferences? I usually like the happier, upbeat, colorful things. Also, I the less a product looks like a cheap decal, the better. I also like things big. Looking at your Lazy Summer Day catalog, I like the poster and mousepad, which take up the entire product, but not the cup and shirt, which sit small in the center on one side. If you could (you'd probably need more than just Zazzle), expand the design so that wraps around the whole shirt and cup, while still leaving Sandra and Woo up front. That would be a shirt and cup I would consider buying.

Speaking of Lazy Summer Day, my favorite part of Sandra and Woo so far, here's something...Lazy Summer Days, by CornandBeans, happens to be one of my favorite songs. Weird, huh?