Discussions about everything related to Sandra and Woo, including questions about the website or forum.

Also the board for official announcements and posting rules.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Post by Novil »

Here are the most funny or enthusiastic pieces of feedback we have received so far.

Poteet wrote:
Novil — Please ask Sandra and Woo to come to my paper and replace FC and Marmaduke, with the help of semi-automatic weapons if necessary. And if they’d like a little more room on the page, it’s fine with me if they kill DtM.
Johnny Whoa wrote:
Love the comic so far. Best start of any I’ve seen before!
Given that I read about 60, that’s saying something.
Doc Sigma wrote:
I hate 99.9% of the web comics I look at, so it seems.

This one... is not in that 99.9%.

I like it! A whole damn ton!
:)
powree
Secretary General

Re: Feedback: Best of

Post by powree »

like the japaneses say, Ganbare,ganbare!!! :D
endinglight

Post by endinglight »

i have to say that even though the comic is in its infancy, i am impressed. it has a certain quality that seems to be absent from other comics, that i havn't seen sense calvin and hobbes. like you write your comics for yourself, without obsessing over fan opinions. this gives your comic a sense of rustic charm that even bill watterson would approve of.
endinglight
Novice

Post by endinglight »

... and now i have an account
endinglight
Novice

Post by endinglight »

darn I was kinda looking for feedback on my feedback, alas the forum seems to have stagnated since then. le sigh
Milena
Novice

Post by Milena »

Yes, the forum could endure a few more entries. My opinion: I like the comic and I love the drawings :) . (And if this is badly expressed, English is not my native language :lol: )
Novil

Post by Novil »

Since one can write comments on every single strip, there is less incentive for readers to visit the forums.
kitsune
Novice

Post by kitsune »

bah, forums are usually more fun than comment per page, or something, anyway, nice comic, and well keep up XD
DanTheMan

Post by DanTheMan »

kitsune wrote:bah, forums are usually more fun than comment per page, or something, anyway, nice comic, and well keep up XD
Agreed. I kinda liked the Define Cynical approach of having a forum specifically for discussing comics, with a new thread for each one. This way, people actually pay attention if someone makes a comment on an older strip. As it is now, the only people who would see those comments would be people browsing the comic archive from the very beginning.
Novil

Post by Novil »

I think more readers are willing to write a comment directly beneath the strip then to register at a forum. However, everybody can start a thread about a specific strip here. If this should be done on a regular basis, I would create a new forum for it (and move all old threads to it).
DanTheMan

Post by DanTheMan »

True, the ease of access is much higher on the comments than it is for the forum, but you mostly only get comments on the strip itself, not replies to other people's comments. Whether or not this is a good thing can be debated of course.
Novil

Post by Novil »

Ed Power (the writer of the syndicated strip My Cage) wrote:
1. Sandra and Woo - Great little strip! It’s about a young girl and her pet raccoon having adventures. It reads like a modern day fable and manages to do both single strips and longer running stories equally well, as well as manitaining a webcomic sensibility with a subtle sweetness that keeps it from the ‘cynical-ness’ of a lot of webcomics. In short, it’s sweet without being ‘cutesy’ and poignant without being overtly pointed.

The art is amazing also, combining the best of Manga and Walt Kelly’s Pogo.
Novil

Post by Novil »

nijibug wrote:
I love your comic! :love:
It's the best thing since Calvin and Hobbes, really!