Wiki Raccoon

General discussions about comics, current events, media, politics, etc.
Coyoty
Novice

Wiki Raccoon

Post by Coyoty »

Hmm, maybe that could be a parody song for "Rocky Raccoon"...

I don't see anything in the Wiki raccoon article about how raccoon saliva paralyzes dogs. That might be an interesting subject for the strip as well.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Re: Wiki Raccoon

Post by Novil »

Coyoty wrote:I don't see anything in the Wiki raccoon article about how raccoon saliva paralyzes dogs. That might be an interesting subject for the strip as well.
Huh? :?: Link to a reliable source for this?
Coyoty
Novice

Post by Coyoty »

Do a web search on "coonhound paralysis", also known as "polyradiculoneuritis".
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Post by Novil »

Hey, interesting. I didn’t know that. However, they don’t seem to know what exactly is causing the paralysis.
Rocket_T_Coyote
Novice

Post by Rocket_T_Coyote »

Someone I once worked with once chased raccoons through the woods with bluetick hounds. (He was from The Deep South.) The hunt ended once the coon was treed. A large enough raccoon could drown a dog if the pursuit went through water. The majority of wild raccoons I've met have been quite docile. They love turtle eggs and will raid the nests of game birds. All of them tend to make a sort of trilling chatter as they vocalize.

There is concern that rabies-infected raccoons have moved northward and close to populated areas, such as Detroit.
Even we must often admit not being capable of stating our course or whereabouts.