Strangest spam mail I've ever gotten

General discussions about comics, current events, media, politics, etc.
Novil
Supreme Ruler and Dictator-for-Life

Strangest spam mail I've ever gotten

Post by Novil »

Just in my inbox:
Adera lsaaq85 <adera.lsaaq85@yahoo.com>

hi,

My name is Miss Adera.I wish to communicate you through this medium and i wish my meeting you will not offend you in anyway.I will like to know more of you,work,family etc.Moreover i have very Important issue which is given me lot of concern to discuss with you.Thanks for your understanding,expecting to hear from you soon.
Yours Adera.
Neveko
Secretary General

Re: Strangest spam mail I've ever gotten

Post by Neveko »

Hmm. I wonder if it was really spam. The poor grammar gives me reason to suspect it. Probably an elaborate phishing scam is what I'm thinking.
marrie
Novice

Post by marrie »

hmm doesn't look like spam to me..

but guys what do you think of this..

been receiving a mail from my friends who are on my contact and well the body of the mail is simply a link to an online shop..

i texted that friend if he ever happened to send me an email but according to him he never send me any mail..

it happened to me thrice.. twice from the same person and once from the other..

was that a spam or what??

:)
Neveko
Secretary General

Post by Neveko »

No. That means your friend has a really easy password and someone's hacked his e-mail.
Salamander
Novice

Post by Salamander »

Email spoofing is even easier to do than guessing the password, which is more likely what happened.
EvilJackCarver
Novice

Post by EvilJackCarver »

Oh, god, I get those all the time. And in my case, it's just some flavor text leading up to saying I've won the British lottery when it's both legally and regionally impossible for an American (one who's never been to the Kingdom) to win a Brit lottery.
Spoilers increase your car's aerodynamics, and I'm a lousy typst.

FULL CIRCLE, THE WEBCOMIC.
AckAckAck
Novice

Post by AckAckAck »

That email actually pretty subtle way to spam, by being polite they try to lower down people defense, when someone reply to them they'll try to establish a (fake) relationship, hoping for one day they'll be able to ask for some money without rising suspicion.

And yet they ruin it all by bad grammar.

I only get the Nigerian prince one, It's fun to read, I think there's a group of people who dedicating their time to troll these spammers.